Saturday, July 17, 2010

Adventures


This past week has been a crazy one for me. With my final days at work and last minute packing for my move back down to school, I've had zero time to just relax. Today was the first day that I could sit down, recollect everything I've done these past couple of days (it feels like I've done so much), and write.

Wednesday was my last day of work and I packed my car up as much as I could for the next day. Of course, it was a scorching and humid day out. My car lacks a working AC unit, so my 3 and a half hour drive consisted of me trying to create a breeze by speeding. I finally arrived and didn't do much the rest of the night. I was exhausted of driving and B warned me that we had a big day ahead of us.

So, his lovely surprise was a kayaking tour at Virginia Beach to see dolphins! I don't think I've ever been this excited to kayak in my life. I've gone once before, but there was no purpose behind it, therefor making it a little more like torture. I'm so upset I couldn't take a picture, and we ran out of time to get a disposable water camera to use. Fortunately, the people at Kayak Nature Tours took some for us. I'm just waiting for them to update their site so I can see them! It was absolutely amazing! Next to going to Sea World, this is probably the closest I will ever get to dolphins. I was skeptical about actually seeing them in the first place since I heard that the morning session sees more than the afternoon sessions due to the fact that they go out to eat in the morning. That wasn't the case at all though. We saw at least 20 dolphins, some even came close enough for me to see them smile! I swear it was an experience I will never forget.

I recommend everyone who is in the Virginia Beach area to take a tour. It was about 2 hours long and no prior experience was necessary (which was a good thing, because I would have had tons of difficulty if they left us to figure out how to get in the water).

Afterwards, we had lunch/dinner at Mahi Mahi's right by the Virginia Beach boardwalk. The food! I don't think I have ever stuffed my face as much as I did last night. They have the area's No 2 shecrab soup, so B ordered some and, let me tell you, it was the best I have ever tasted. I ordered chicken stuffed with crap meat (weird, right?) and for dessert (I don't even know how I was able to have it) B ordered key lime pie, which was a perfect ending to a wonderful meal.

I literally waddled back to the car and off we went to the Jack Johnson concert. I told you we did a lot! It was so amazing! By far the best concert I've been to, and I'm so glad I was able to check it from my bucket list. He is such a charismatic and easy going guy and he showed it in his performance. My favorite song has to be the one dedicated to his darling daughter. So adorable.

That about sums up my crazy couple of days. I'm so mad I don't have any pictures to show you guys other than the one taken on my phone! I'll definitely post some as soon as I get them in.


1 comment: